Under limited direction from the Project Manager, you will lead a multi-disciplinary team to design, select, and detail interior and exterior architectural systems and will coordinate with consultants and vendors. You will assist the Project Manager during the construction period. Project Architects are registered; Project Designers are unregistered with a degree in architecture.
- Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture from an accredited program required
- Architecture license not required
- Competency with Revit, SketchUp, Bluebeam, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with architectural design and a clear understanding of interior and exterior detailing and of contract document production.
- Strong design orientation, verbal and written communication, interpersonal, collaborative, and organizational skills, including the ability to listen carefully and document conversations
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects
- Creative problem solving skills
- Experience in designing and producing construction documents for projects of small to medium size and complexity
- Competent knowledge, understanding, and application of building codes and guidelines
- Under limited direction lead a multi-disciplinary team including design, selection, coordination, and detailing of interior and exterior systems. Coordinate drawings and specifications with the project team.
- Prepare preliminary concept or design sketches of small to moderate-sized projects.
- Perform analysis and review of applicable building codes and guidelines.
- Independently prepare plans, elevations, schedules, wall sections, and details and develop design documents within all project phases.
- Communicate with other design disciplines to ensure coordination of engineering systems, equipment, and project documents.
- Lead the design team on particular project issues or topics.
- Attend and actively participate in project team meetings and prepare meeting documentation
- Lead project site documentation including physical walk-throughs during design.
- Assist with contract administration tasks which may include a physical walk-through of the construction site.